This course equips students with the skills they require to configure and deploy a cloud using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following:
- Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for cloud environments.
- Configure and deploy the cloud fabric.
- Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline.
- Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
- Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
- Allocate resources to a cloud and grant access to a cloud
- Understand how to monitor clouds using Operations Manager.
- Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for cloud environments.
- Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into a cloud fabric.
- Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure Data Protection Manager in a cloud.
- Deploy and configure Orchestrator in a cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center components.
This course is intended for cloud administrators who will be responsible for designing, installing and configuring a cloud infrastructure. The secondary audience includes datacenter administrators who are responsible for designing, installing and configuring the infrastructure for an on premise, Microsoft Private Cloud. In addition, the secondary audience includes people who need to learn the required material in order to take the Microsoft exam 70-247: Configuring and Deploying a Cloud with Microsoft System Center.